Photo: Shirlaine Forrest
One of my favourite rock band Muse has just released a fantastic new app for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. The Muse App features all the best parts of the official Muse website plus bonus content including a special edition of the band’s latest album The Resistance.
The Muse App, which is available via the iTunes Music Store, lists upcoming tour dates, music videos and photographs. In addition fans can directly upload and tag their own images taken at gigs with this application.
Here are some screenshots of the app, taken from the iPhone:
Other features include:
- Muse Map – All the global muse.mu information on a zoom-able map. See how many Muse members, images and tour dates apply to your city!
- Gig Pics – Take a picture from your iPhone at a Muse show, tag it to the show you’re at and upload it straight to muse.mu for everyone to see.
- The Resistance – A special section on the new album including an AppBook, the video for Resistance, audio of United States of Eurasia and 30 second clips of all the album tracks.
- Tour – details of all the forthcoming tour dates including links to buy tickets etc.
- Feeds – RSS feeds of Muse News, Tour Dates, Muse Twitter, the band’s Delicious Feed and MuseLive and Microcuts news.
- Video Player – An integrated muse.mu video player featuring all the video content from muse.mu.
- Forum – an iPhone/iPod Touch friendly forum skin for all you muse.mu forum users.
- Background Switcher – pick your favourite background for the app from a selection of Muse designs.
Sounds cool right? The best part is the price. Only £1.79. Rock on!